Below you can download the Annual and Narrative Report for 2020 from the Volunteer Fire Department Sveti Nikole.DOWNLOAD ANNUAL REPORT FOR 2018
SUMMARY OF THE REPORT
The voluntary fire department Sveti Nikole (hereinafter: VFD Sveti Nikole during the year conducted more than 20 activities that were provided within the set goals for fire prevention, education, realization of training sessions and implementation of direct actions, resulting from the planned annual program towards achieving the expected results.
The activities and the achieved results are due to the annual program of VFD Sveti Nikole, which is financially supported by the LSGU Sveti Nikole, membership fee by our constituents and supporters and donations from domestic and international donors and supporters.
Realized activities during the year:
- Active participation of 100 volunteer firefighters in localizing 23 fires (urban and forest) on the territory of the municipality of Sveti Nikole;
- Performance of a team of 30 of our members on 2 floods and water extraction from 15 flooded houses;
- Developed curriculum for education and practical training of 20 volunteer firefighters;
- Performed 2 demonstration exercises with the participation of 12 volunteer firefighters and presentation of the equipment and technique available to VFD Sveti Nikole in front of students from both primary schools in the city of Sveti Nikole.
- Educational and practical trainings were held in which 8 young and 10 senior volunteer firefighters were trained;
- Taken part in 5 meetings by 9 of our members with relevant state institutions for the development of the fire sector in the Republic of Macedonia.
- Visiting more than 100 students at our fire station from the local primary schools to get acquainted with the vehicles and equipment we have and what it is like to be a firefighter.
- Partner participation of 7 members of VFD in the local eco-action “Move your finger” for beautification of Sveti Nikole, organized and implemented by the Organization of Women of the Municipality of Sveti Nikole (OWOSVN).
- Participation of 5 members of our organization in the collection of electrical waste (refrigerators, refrigerators, irons, washing machines, dryers, scales, TV sets, computers, telephones , batteries , etc.) in the municipalities of Sveti Nikole and Lozovo, organized and conducted by of the partner organization OWO
- A visit to our PP station was made by a 10 member delegation from the European Union and partner countries in the screening process of the protection and rescue system of the Republic of Macedonia at the invitation of the Directorate for Protection and Rescue of the Republic of Macedonia.
- A working meeting was held with 2 representatives of the donor Bjästa Skolan (Bjasta Skolan) from the Kingdom of Sweden.
- 2 working visits to VFD were made by 5 representatives of our international strategic partner Operation Florian from Great Britain, for preparation of the future joint activities for promotion and strengthening of the fire-fighting and rescue system of the Republic of Macedonia .
In the implementation of the program activities, several activities were not implemented in the direction of preventive performance and our promotion to all educational institutions, the business sector and state and local stakeholders in terms of modest financial resources available to our organization.
Vision: Sveti Nikole to be a community of healthy, happy and conscientious citizens who actively contribute to the prevention of fires and other natural disasters, building harmony between man and nature.
Mission: VFD Sveti Nikole works on prevention for protection of the environment and nature from fires and other harmful influences on a voluntary basis through education and coordination of citizens during direct actions and interventions.
VFD Sveti Nikole achieves its mission by organizing and conducting research, analysis, training sessions and conducting direct actions to deal with all natural disasters (fires, floods, earthquakes, etc.).
VFD Sveti Nikole defined the following goals for the period 2019 – 2024:
- Development of a strategy for the period 2020 – 2025;
- Achieving long-term financial sustainability;
- Institutional strengthening of the organization and
- Building a network of voluntary fire departments in the Republic of Macedonia.
The voluntary fire company Sveti Nikole has been operating since 1935 and is a non-profit, humanitarian organization in the field of fire protection that operates on a voluntary basis. Has a well-trained team, organizational structure and significant and relevant experience at local and national level in humanitarian and firefighting actions, participation in natural disasters and traffic accidents. VFD Sveti Nikole as a humanitarian organization has always promoted tolerance and mutual trust between the parties involved in the initiatives, as well as in changing the public spirit with selfless and active commitment to promote the public good and the good of the whole community.
The motivation for founding our organization is the occurrence of large fires in the city of Sveti Nikole and the surrounding area in the early 20th century. Realizing the community’s need for an organized approach to localizing fires, dealing with floods, earthquakes, and other natural disasters, the then advanced youth, merchants, craftsmen, and city authorities jointly took the initiative to establish an organized fire service as a result. Our institution is established, which until today has been continuously implementing its program activities for 8 3 years. In the meantime, it is permanently working to improve and increase the institutional capacity in order to build a modern, stable and sustainable firefighting system in Sveti Nikole and beyond on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia, by raising public awareness of citizens, especially the young population on fire hazards. other natural disasters and traffic accidents.
VFD Sveti Nikole, is dedicated to program and structural transformation and capacity building of the organization in terms of quality and quantity of human and material-technical resources, which is one of the goals that VFD strives to achieve on the way to achieving the mission of existence of the company.
We would like to emphasize that since its establishment until today, 328 members have been registered in the registry of the company, who have taken an active part in the implementation of all program goals of our humanitarian and non-profit association.
Our organization has no paid staff and carries out all activities on a voluntary basis. The governing bodies of VFD Sveti Nikole are: Assembly, Menagament Board, Supervisory Board and Eldership.
All activities of VFD are focused on all our constituents, all relevant local and state actors, the business community, the non-governmental sector and before the entire citizenry at local and central level as end users of the work of our institution.
RESULTS OF IMPLEMENTATION OF ACTIVITIES
In the calendar year 2018, VFD worked on the implementation of the activities of its annual program funded by the local self-government unit Sveti Nikole, handing over the equipment procured in 2017 from the project for procurement of new sophisticated firefighting equipment funded by the German Embassy in Skopje. as well as donations of material and technical means and personal protective PP equipment by domestic and international supporters and donors. VFD Sveti Nikole every year takes an active part in meetings, workshops and forums to improve the capacity of the institution and the fire and rescue sector in the municipality and in the Republic of Macedonia, also conducts various actions for the common good of the community at the invitation of partner organizations and continuously nurtures and promotes the 11-year relations with the strategic partner Operation Florian from Great Britain in building a modern fire-fighting system in the Republic of Macedonia.
The following activities were realized for the regular annual program of VFD Sveti Nikole for 2018, financially supported by the LSGU Sveti Nikole:
Educational part conducted trainings:
- 4 – workshops for firefighting tactics for extinguishing forest fires involving 8 members of VFD;
- Trained 5 members on risk factors for accidents, by conducting 2 educational workshops lasting 8 hours;
- Conducted 8-hour educational training of 10 participants to get acquainted with the breathing apparatus and the manner of their use in urban fires;
- Education of 6 members of VFD on the tactics for access and introduction and application of the equipment for interventions in traffic accidents;
Practical part of realized trainings:
- Conducted 8-hour training of 8 young firefighters for work with 10.5 meter ladder, work with FF nozzles and PP hoses (suction and suppression);
- 10-hour training of 2 teams of 4 firefighters – seniors to operate a 13.5-meter FF ladder and work with all types of pumps available to VFD (on vehicles and portable);
- Transferred training for 10 hours for the use of breathing apparatus for 3 teams of 2 participants each.
- Taking active participation of more than 100 of our members in the initiation of 20 direct firefighting interventions (forest, urban fires and floods) at the call of the Territorial Firefighting Unit (TPPE) Sveti Nikole, ULS Sveti Nikole and the Directorate for Protection and Rescue of the Republic of Macedonia.
- Participation of 6 of our representatives in tribunes and workshops of the Crisis Staff of the Municipality of Sveti Nikole for dealing with all types of incidents on the territories of the Municipality of Sveti Nikole and Lozovo, organized by the Crisis Management Center of the Republic of Macedonia;
Receipt of sophisticated firefighting equipment
- As a result of the project supported by the German Embassy in Skopje for procurement of new sophisticated PP equipment in 2017, it was handed over on February 20 by the Deputy Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany in Skopje Mr. Marko Aquatici and Mrs. Marina Serafimovska from the economic embassy department.
- Pump for water extraction model WT30 XK3 DE – for more successful management of the floods that occur on the territory of the municipality of Sveti Nikole and beyond on the territory of the Republic of Macedonia in case of declaration of a natural crisis.
- STIHL chainsaw – MS 460R – special tool, whose purpose is specific to the needs of the fire service in the process of dealing with fires in search and rescue of persons in urban fires;
- Water tanks – backpacks with hand pump model V25-FELIX B25- Backpack 25l. – Water tanks haved capacity of 25 liters, the same is used in the process of suppression of forest fires in inaccessible terrain, ie their extinguishing and control.
- GALAXY panoramic mask for the whole face model M9200NO and mask filter ABEK 2 – protective mask with filter in case of forest fires, which provides primary protection from heat and at the same time absorbs toxic gases, dangerous for the human body, which are released during the combustion process.
- Midland GXT1000vp4 Walkie Talkie Radio Station device for improved communication and coordination of the teams of VFD-Sveti Nikole during fire interventions and other natural disasters.
Donations of material and technical means and personal protective equipment
- Donated air conditioner VIVAX and Solar panel of 260 liters by the donor Bjästa Skolan (Bjasta Skolan), a school from the Kingdom of Sweden, represented by Vidan Naskov and Ulf Thors (Ulf Thors) and 2 students from the above school.
- HYUNDAI LED TV donated by the renowned restaurant “Mechkuevska kuka Puze” Sveti Nikole.
- The company ARMOR PLUS from Skopje donated firefighting equipment which consisted of 15 pairs of tactical FF-boots, 30 filters for FF-protective masks GALAXY, and 5 sets of FF tuniks (jackets) for forest fires.
Participation in meetings, workshops, debates and visits of delegations
- Taken active participation of 6 of our representatives at debates and workshops organized by MCIC , as well as the Civica Mobilitas.
- A visit to our PP station by 10 members of the delegation from the European Union and partner countries in the screening process of the protection and rescue system of the Republic of Macedonia at the invitation of the Directorate for Protection and Rescue of the Republic of Macedonia, after which a draft was submitted version of the PEER report, on which our organization had 2 remarks, aimed at promoting the voluntary firefighting sector in the Republic of Macedonia and its permanent state funding.
- Two joint visits were made by 4 of our representatives and 5 members of the international partner organization Operation Florian from Great Britain to the Directorate for Protection and Rescue of the Republic of Macedonia (SSO of RM), to implement future training projects for fire and rescue service in the Republic of Macedonia held 2 meetings with the Director of the SSO of the Republic of Macedonia Mr. Adnan Dzaferovski and the Coordinator for International Cooperation Mrs. Valentina Atanasovska, where they talked about the future and implementation of the plan for common principles of interoperability ( JESIP – Joint Emergency Services Interoperability Principles ) within the 3 emergency services in the Republic of Macedonia: the police, the fire service and the ambulance for joint and coordinated action in case of traffic accidents.
Participation in partnership actions
- Active partnership participation of 7 members of VFD in the local eco-action “Move your finger” to beautify 4 locations in Sveti Nikole (City Park, Church of St. Nicholas, high school “Koco Racin” and “Cyril and Methodius” primary school), organized and implemented by the Organization of Women of the Municipality of Sveti Nikole (WUA SVN) and the collaborator in the action Public Utility Company “Komunalec” Sveti Nikole, established by the LSGU Sveti Nikole.
- Taken partnership participation of 5 of our members in the campaign “Move your finger”, organized and implemented by the partner organization OWOSVN for the collection of electrical waste (refrigerators, irons, washing machines, hair dryers, scales, TV sets, computers, telephones , batteries , etc. ), going from house to house with our Ford Transit vehicle to the previously reported citizens from the municipalities of Sveti Nikole and Lozovo, in order to raise awareness among citizens about the harmfulness of electronic and electrical waste, and also the importance of its special selection from municipal waste.
FINANCIAL REPORT FOR 2018